Siuslaw News has been the region's newspaper for 128 years. In that time, restaurants have come and gone, trades have shifted and the area's demographics have changed, but the area's taste for fresh seafood, locally grown produce and handcrafted meals remains. In 2018, Siuslaw News wants to showcase some of those recipes in a new collection.
This is a chance for community members to submit recipes for entrées, appetizers, soups, cocktails, side dishes and more. People are encouraged to share recipes of their favorite local and regional cuisine, recipes handed down from family, the best use of seasonal produce and even tips on where to find foraged foods. Businesses and restaurants may also submit their famous or unforgettable recipes.
Once complete, this bound collection will be available for sale at the Siuslaw News.
Deadline for Submission is February 18th.
• Only ONE RECIPE per form.
• If more room is needed, use another sheet of the same size and staple together.
• Please WRITE LEGIBLY, as this will greatly reduce errors.
• List all ingredients in order of use in ingredients list and directions.
• Include amounts, sizes, e.g., 2 (8-oz. cans.), temps, and baking/cooking times.
• Keep ingredients separate and directions in one paragraph. Do not submit recipes in steps, columns, or charts. Recipes which cannot conform to our chosen recipe format will be omitted.
• Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
• Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
• Be consistent with the spelling of your name for each recipe you contribute.
• Any special recipe notes (anything other than ingredients, directions, contributor name, serving size, or recipe title) should be kept as a separate comment on the bottom of this form, as they may not be included unless we pay extra for it.
Your recipes should fit into one of the following categories:
Appetizers & Beverages • Soups & Salads • Vegetables & Side Dishes • Main Dishes • Breads & Rolls • Desserts • Cookies & Candy • This & That