Newspapers in Education


Your Support is needed to help fund the NIE program for the 2018/2019 school year.

Most schools do not have extra funding and the Siuslaw News provides 65% of our newspaper at no cost, but we do rely on our readers and sponsors to help with the other 35%.

A donation of $25 will supply a 1-year subscription for one student in Siuslaw or Mapleton High Schools, Middle Schools or Elementary Schools. It also helps fund the monthly school newsletter that we publish for the districts each month during the school year.

Your contribution will help prepare students for college, shaping an informed workforce and creating outstanding citizens within the community.

For more information please contact the N.I.E. Representative Misty Berg at 541-902-3526 or mberg@thesiuslawnews.com or download the form here


Video News