Clash at the Coast this weekend
June 18, 2022 — Siuslaw Baseball & Softball Association (SBSA) will be hosting its annual Father’s Day Weekend Little League Baseball tournament, the Clash at the Coast, Saturday and Sunday, June 18 and 19, at Miller Park.
“We have eight visiting teams in three divisions coming from out of town,” said Jay Nilles, SBSA Vice President.
With the predicted numbers, SBSA estimates this will add a large amount of traffic and parking congestion around the area of 15th to 20th streets.
“We ask for the public patience as nearly 1,000 visitors from out of town come to Florence for this two-day weekend event. This will increase business at our local stores, resultants, hotels and campgrounds,” Nilles said.
SBSA encourages everyone to come out and catch a game, grab some food from the snack shack and support local youth.
In addition, the association wants to remind the local community and visitors of some often overlooked City of Florence Miller Park Rules:
- Absolutely NO pets. This is a safety issue for the pets, and humans alike.
- No alcohol use. Our local police department will be making visits routinely.
- No parking on side streets. Please use our schools’ parking lot, just one block north of the park once the lot is full.
- There is NO smoking at Miller Park.
- No open flame fires; however, propane BBQs are excepted.
Team camps, like EZ-ups, canopies/day tents and such, will be excepted for day use only, and need to be removed at the completion of each day.
City law enforcement will have a large presence in the area.
Any questions can be emailed to [email protected].